North Island Salon Rules & Entry Form
The Salon and Exhibition is being run by the Whangarei Camera Club.
Who may enter:
- Convention attendees, (including those from the South Island)
- Any PSNZ member, or PSNZ (Affiliated) Club members who reside in the North Island of NZ
- Non PSNZ or PSNZ (affiliated) Club member but residing in North Island of NZ
North Island Convention attendees travelling from the South Island MUST have a valid convention registration before entering the salon. North Island Convention registrations open on March 10th.
You may enter a maximum of :
- 4 Print Images, and/or
- 4 Digital Images per category
$7.00 per image
Judging: Each category will be judged separately
- Open Digital
- Open Print
- Nature Digital
- Nature Print
- Portrait Digital
- Portrait Print
- Photojournalism Digital
- Photojournalism Print
Definitions of Nature, Photojournalism and Portraits can be found on PSNZ website. https://photography.org.nz/about/constitution-bylaws-financials/definitions/
- Accepted print images will be exhibited, space permitting. In the event of restricted space, each entrant will have at least one of their successful images displayed.
- Accepted digital entries will be displayed on a High-Definition screen, as part of the exhibition.
- An AV of successful images, both print and digital, will be compiled and available through PSNZ website using Issuu.
- Judges: Caroline Ludford LPSNZ LRPS, Toya Heatley FPSNZ AFIAP, Aliah Jan FPSNZ AFIAP
- Judging will take place 15 April 2023
- Trophies will be awarded for:
- Champion Open Digital
- Champion Open Print
- Champion Nature Digital
- Champion Nature Print
- Champion Portrait Digital
- Champion Portrait Print
- Champion Photojournalism Digital
- Champion Photojournalism Print
- Honours Certificates will be awarded to a maximum of:
- Four Open Digital
- Four Open Print
- Four Nature Digital
- Four Nature Print
- Four Portrait Digital
- Four Portrait Print
- Four Photojournalism Digital
- Four Photojournalism Print
- Entries Open: 10 March 2023
- Entries Close: 12 April 2023 (No late Entries will be accepted. Print entries must be received by the Salon organisers, at the address below, by 12 April 2023)Print Entry Address: PSNZ Northern Regional Salon, c/o Donna Russell, 29 Waitemata Drive, One Tree Point 0118, Northland
- Both print and digital entries MUST be entered using the online form found below.
- Please pay by Direct Credit only to: 12-3093-0144102-00 Use your Surname for Reference, Regional for Code and Salon for Particulars.
- Your entry is not valid until the payment has been received. Payment must be received by the closing date.
- Prints may be any size provided they are mounted on a base having a minimum of 230mm x 180mm and a maximum of 500 x 400mm.
- Maximum thickness not to exceed 12.5mm.
These dimensions are to include the matt board, if used.
- Prints must not be under glass or framed.
- On the back of the prints the entrant must put his/her name and address and number to agree with entry form.
- Prints may have a title on the face of the print or mount.
All projected images must be titled.
Images must be saved as a JPEG file with the size for:
- Landscape Orientation Digital Images being up to a maximum size of 3840px on the horizontal width and 2160px on the vertical side.
- Portrait Orientation Digital Images being up to a maximum size of 2160px on the vertical side.
- Images must be saved in the sRGB colour space.
- Titles: Every image must have a title. For Nature entries, scientific, common names or descriptive titles must be used. The title must not include the author’s name and be no longer than 35 characters. No title, logo or identification of the author shall be written anywhere on the face of an image. The file name of the digital image should be identical to the title on the entry form and must not include the name of the photographer.